To mark the 10th anniversary of the first iPhone, Apple has conjured up their magical abilities to create the iPhone X. Packed with innovative features, including face ID technology and a super retina display, the new smartphone separates itself from the other models released by the brand.
“With the introduction of iPhone ten years ago, we revolutionized the mobile phone with Multi-Touch. iPhone X marks a new era for iPhone – one in which the device disappears into the experience”, said Jony Ive, Apple’s chief design officer in the website of the brand. He also said that the team has had the intention to create an iPhone with a fullscreen display for more than a decade.
Like iPhone 8, the X is powered by the A11 Bionic chip. It also has the same operating system and is about the same size. But the key difference between the 8 and the X is that there’s no home button or fingerprint sensor. The flagship home button feature has been replaced with a new system of navigation gestures and a face recognition unlocking system.
The new iPhone also has the most durable glass ever produced for a smartphone, that goes for the front and the back. Check out the list below to see the other new features of the iPhone X:
- You can unlock, authenticate and even make payments with face ID, enabled by TrueDepth technology, a camera that projects and analyzes more than 30,000 invisible dots to create a precise depth map of your face
- Face ID also allows you to create 12 Animojis by analyzing more than 50 different muscle movements to mirror your expressions
- The A11 Bionic, the most powerful and smartest chip with a neural engine, capable of up to 600 billion operations per second
- Custom battery design that lasts up to 2 hours longer between charges than iPhone 7
- Wireless charging, since no cable is required
- Water and dust resistant
iPhone X Specs
The smartphone will be available in silver and space gray with the option between 64GB and 256GB models. Prices start at $999 directly from Apple.com and Apple Stores, but is also available through Apple resellers and carries like AT&T, Sprint, T Mobile, Verizon and Virgin. The iPhone X launch date is set for November 3rd, 2017, but is already available for pre order.